Saturday, January 26, 2013

Introduction


Hi I’m Alex.  If I had to enumerate everything about me, this would be a very long post so I’d just enumerate facts that wouldn’t put my target audience to sleep. I’m a photography enthusiast, a freethinker, happily single for almost half a year now, straight; I’m 25; I’ve been 25 for the past 5 years and will continue to be 25 until I no longer fancy myself as the Filipino incarnation of Peter Pan.


I fall under many different classifications of geek but for the sake of brevity, let’s just say that I was a very indoorsy geek until just recently., the complete opposite of Bear Grylls, the antithesis of Steve Erwin. My feet never touched soil or grass until I was an adult. I also didn’t see the sun very often.

 I’m a late bloomer of sorts. I was already in College when I first went to a mall unaccompanied. The first time that I went to Binondo, I felt like I was in a different country. And that was just a 20min train ride from my place. Embarrassingly, that was also just 3 years ago.

When I was ingradeschool (early 90’s), me and my family used to go to Matabungkay beach every summer. And then that stopped and I don’t remember travelling for leisure again until 2010 when a friend practically forced me to join 2 photography related trips. An act that I’m still very thankful for since it forced me out of my shell.

Those trips weren’t followed for more than a year. People have been asking me what made me decide to start travelling all of a sudden. I’m not really sure either but I suddenly felt like catching up to what I’ve missed. Maybe it early-onset mid life crisis. I’ve decided to make travelling a more frequent occurrence in my life, at least for the next few months. I created this blog to document my progress as well as to help those who want to get into budget travelling.  Since I believe that experiencing something without having a record of it is a waste, this will be a very photo heavy blog. My apologies to dial up users, if any of you still exist.

Join in me in my attempt to be a more outdoorsy geek. Try to suppress the urge to call me a wuss whenever my lack of outdoorsy skills become too apparent. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. This is Leah from Working Mom magazine. I'd like to ask if I can borrow some photos that you posted on Biak Na Bato for publication. Hope you can get in touch with me at Leah_SanJose@abs-cbn.com so I can discuss further with you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete